How does the process work?
If you are not a United States citizen, the proper visa is required for any flight training. Coast can help you obtain the correct visa and necessary clearances easily and quickly. Our student concierge will be happy to assist you with the process of obtaining the proper visa and obtaining clearance from the proper government agencies.
The following outline can be used as a guide for the steps involved with obtaining your visa and clearances:
1. You will need to fill out the International Student Application. There is a $150 application fee. This fee will be taken out of your initial student tuition deposit.
Click here: International student application
2. Apply for TSA clearance. To do so, please fill out the Transportation Security Administration (TSA)/Alien Flight Student Program (AFSP) application:
3. Pay for the TSA clearance on the same website as above.
4. Pay I-901 Processing Fee for your I-20.
Name (as it appears on your I-20)
SEVIS number (i.e., N0005988705)
Date of birth
Click here: TSA Clearance
Please print a copy of the online receipt before exiting the receipt page. Be sure to make copies of your receipt, and keep it with your other important immigration documents. Please note that processing of this fee can take up to 3 business days and must be completed prior to your visa interview.
Pay the $200 I-901 processing fee for your I-20 online:
5. Make first deposit to Elite Flight Training for flight courses via wire transfer or credit card
6. Wait for I-20.
Once we receive the complete application with all of the required information, we will then proceed with generating you an I-20. The I-20 is an official document through which we inform the US Embassy that you have been accepted into our flight program. We will mail you the original, signed copy of the I-20 and email you a scanned copy for you to keep with your records. Please note that you will need to bring the original, signed copy of the I-20 with you to your scheduled visa interview.
Click here: 1-901 Information
7. Complete and pay for the M1 visa and schedule your visa interview
Please visit visa specifications for your country, to obtain visa fee information and to schedule your visa interview.
Click here: VISA Specification
More Information: How do I get a Visa?
8. Email copies of M1 visa and passport to Elite Flight Training.
Email copies of your visa and passport once you receive your M1 visa to email@example.com
9. Make your second tuition payment to Elite Flight Training and Management to ensure enrollment. This payment must be made in full before entering the US and can be done by check or over the phone with a wire transfer or credit card.
10. We will email you your payment invoices after we receive your full tuition payment and the scanned copies of your M1 visa and passport. These invoices will include dates of which payments must be made in full. Please be aware that if payments are not made in full or they are late, all training will be suspended until payment has been made.
11. Schedule your flight to Las Vegas, NV. The airport code is: LAS